Inclusive Education at IBG
At Ikast-Brande Gymnasium, we believe that the IB DP is an education for all types of learners who possess the motivation and desire to learn.
We believe in an inclusive educational programme with a diverse learning community that enables all types of students to be successful.
An inclusive education is a place where:
- All students feel valued
- Learning is student-centred
- All students are held to high, yet manageable expectations
- Students are assessed through a variety of assessment types to meet all learning styles.
- Teachers use differentiated instruction and a variety of teaching methods to meet the needs of all learners.
- Resources match student needs.
- All students are always met with positive encouragement to enhance learning.
- All students are an important part of the school community and are treated as such by their peers.
Inclusive education in Practice at IBG:
- Student-centred learning that fosters independence and critical thinking
- Teachers that all believe in each and every student’s desire and ability to learn and thrive.
- A strong support network of a guidance department, reading counsellors and management who follow each student’s progress closely and support any student who is struggling, academically or socially.
- Learning support to maximize learning for students with special needs: 1:1 mentoring, homework cafés, dyslexia computer programmes, psychological counselling, weekly talks with guidance counsellor, class sessions on good study skills.
- Close collaboration with municipal services to support at risk students.
- Individualized approaches to inclusive education: Fairness is not sameness.