Apply to the IB
All applicants must fill out an application form.
The application form must be sent to our school along with:
- the latest report card.
- E.g. if you have attented the Danish Folkeskole and spent a year abroad you must also send a copy of your results of the final examination.
The preparatory IB class is NOT a prerequisite for applying to the Diploma Programme. However, the applicant must have completed:
- 11 years of schooling in a European school type
- The GCSE in a British-type school system.
- Cambridge IGCSE
- Grade 10 in a North American-type school system.
- The Danish preparatory IB class OR 1.g
We will assess the application based on the student’s personal statement, grades and previous schooling. Applicants may be asked to come for an interview in English or for an admission test.
EU citizen or non-EU citizen?
EU citizen add
For applicants coming from an EU country, an EU residence permit must be obtained upon arrival in Denmark.
The following documentation is necessary:
- A passport photo
- Applicant’s birth certificate (original), if applicant is under 18.
- Last three months’ pay slips from the supporting parent(s) or a print of your bank account(s)/ bank account of your supporting parent(s).
- Parents’ passports if applicant is under 18.
- Admission letter from Ikast-Brande Gymnasium
- Copy of a signed housing contract
- If parents are divorced and applicant is under 18: Notarized documentation of divorce, and a notarized statement that both parents consent to the child studying abroad.
The above documentation must be brought in person to the Danish authorities, located in Aarhus, Denmark, upon arrival.
It is advisable that applicants under 18 bring both parents when going to apply for the residence permit.
In addition to the above documentation, all applicants must fill out an application: Application and documentation
If under 18, parents must fill out an “acceptance of parent with custody form”, available to print here: Acceptance of parent with custody form