Apply to the IB
All applicants must fill out an application form.
We welcome students from a multitude of backgrounds and educational experiences into the IB programme. However, the IB programme is an academically rigorous course and therefore it is necessary for candidates to reach the following levels before being admitted into the IB Diploma programme:
CANDIDATES COMING FROM DENMARK
- Completed pre-IB/STX 1g/HHX 1g/HTX 1g at IBG or another school to a satisfactory standard.
- Preferably- NV and AP at 4s or above.
- At least 4 in English, Maths, and Danish (if Danish is a subject choice for IB) including at least one written grade 7 in these subjects e.g. English 7, Math 4, Danish oral 4, or English 4, Maths 7, Danish 4.
CANDIDATES COMING FROM OUTSIDE THE DANISH SYSTEM (THIS INCLUDES INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN DENMARK)
Completed IGCSEs or equivalent to a satisfactory standard. Preferably 5 A*-C grades including Math extended and English.
Completed 10/11 years of school to a satisfactory standard. (2 years left of school)
Completed IB MYP to a satisfactory standard. (28 points or above)
Candidates who do not meet the requirements above, may still be considered as we will do a holistic assessment, and possibly an (online) interview to see if you are suitable for the IB Diploma course.
All applicants should provide at least one reference from your previous place of education which details your work ethic, effort, attendance, attitude to learning etc.
For students who do not meet the requirements, pre-IB may be offered as an alternative route into the Diploma programme.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT HAVE RECOGNISED EXAM TRANSCRIPTS, INCLUDING THOSE WHO HAVE HAD A BREAK FROM EDUCATION.
After applying you will be invited for an admissions test and an (online) interview.
The application form must be sent to our school along with:
- the latest report card.
- one reference from your current place of education
- E.g. if you have attented the Danish Folkeskole and spent a year abroad you must also send a copy of your results of the final examination.
EU citizen or non-EU citizen?
EU citizen add
For applicants coming from an EU country, an EU residence permit must be obtained upon arrival in Denmark.
The following documentation is necessary:
- A passport photo
- Applicant’s birth certificate (original), if applicant is under 18.
- Last three months’ pay slips from the supporting parent(s) or a print of your bank account(s)/ bank account of your supporting parent(s).
- Parents’ passports if applicant is under 18.
- Admission letter from Ikast-Brande Gymnasium
- Copy of a signed housing contract
- If parents are divorced and applicant is under 18: Notarized documentation of divorce, and a notarized statement that both parents consent to the child studying abroad.
The above documentation must be brought in person to the Danish authorities, located in Aarhus, Denmark, upon arrival.
It is advisable that applicants under 18 bring both parents when going to apply for the residence permit.
In addition to the above documentation, all applicants must fill out an application: Application and documentation
If under 18, parents must fill out an “acceptance of parent with custody form”, available to print here: Acceptance of parent with custody form