Apply to the Pre-IB
Applicants coming from the Danish folkeskole, or other secondary schooling in Denmark must apply via the website www.optagelse.dk
The student counsellor at your school will assist you with the procedure.
Applicants coming from a non-Danish school must apply through a special application form.
The application form must be sent to our school along with:
- the latest report card
EU citizen or non-EU citizen?
EU citizen add
For applicants coming from an EU country, an EU residence permit must be obtained upon arrival in Denmark.
The following documentation is necessary:
- A passport photo
- Applicant’s birth certificate (original), if applicant is under 18.
- Last three months’ pay slips from the supporting parent(s) or a print of your bank account(s)/ bank account of your supporting parent(s).
- Parents’ passports if applicant is under 18.
- Admission letter from Ikast-Brande Gymnasium
- Copy of a signed housing contract
- If parents are divorced and applicant is under 18: Notarized documentation of divorce, and a notarized statement that both parents consent to the child studying abroad.
The above documentation must be brought in person to the Danish authorities, located in Aarhus, Denmark, upon arrival.
It is advisable that applicants under 18 bring both parents when going to apply for the residence permit.
In addition to the above documentation, all applicants must fill out an application: Application and documentation
If under 18, parents must fill out an “acceptance of parent with custody form”, available to print here: Acceptance of parent with custody form